Tuesday, June 17, 2008

New Experiences

My experience in Washington DC is awesome so far. On the first night, we went out and viewed various monuments. It was great. The best part of all is I rode the Metro! I am 29 years old and this was the very first time I had such an experience. It was amazing to me to see so many people back and forth and in and out. People were running trying not to miss their rides. I must admit, the subway looks nothing like I had imagined. It was fairly clean. On the first night, we went on a tour of the city. It is beautiful here. On the tour we got the opportunity to witness the president returning home. It was very exciting to me. I only wished to get off the bus more and spend more time looking at the monuments.

Day one at the museum was good; busy but good. We had the opportunity to view various pieces of great art work. It was amazing to see so much creativity of all sorts in one place. I only wished we had more time to spend looking at the art on our own. I know it will come tomorrow. We listened to several great presenters. Each of them had very informative information to share with us. I now have a clear using of primary and secondary sources. Brian did a good job showing us how to intergrate art into our lesson plans. I was able to brainstorm ideas as to how to present
art to my students in a fun and exciting way.

No comments: